Meetings & Events
GMF holds two annual meetings: one in spring or summer focused on radioactive waste and the annual GMF General Assembly with a seminar usually in October or November.
Previous seminars have addressed topics such as radioactive waste management, nuclear emergencies and preparedness, socio-economic development after the phase out of nuclear, participation and communication related to nuclear activities.
GMF has collaborated with EC institutions and other organisations to co-organise seminars and events on nuclear matters. In 2019, GMF collaborated with Les Entretiens Européens and FinNuclear to co-organise the conference “New nuclear: a response to the electrical changes in our society in Europe?” held in Helsinki on 12-13 November 2019.
The 2020 GMF seminar and General Assembly were held virtually on 6 October 2020. The programme and presentations of the GMF seminar are available below.
- GMF 2020 seminar on nuclear highlights programme
- Decommissioning and radioactive waste: role of the European Commission and status in EU Member States, by Mr. Jean-Philippe Guisset, Head of Sector – Nuclear Decommissioning, European Commission, DG Energy
- Belgium, Mr. Kris van Dijck, Mayor of Dessel
- Finland, Mr. Vesa Lakaniemi, Mayor of Eurajoki
- Hungary, Mr. Csaba Dohoczki, head of communication at PIP regional developmenet company for Paks2 NPP
- Netherlands, Mr. Gerben Dijksterhuis, mayor of Borsele
- Russia, Mr. Nikolai Netyaga, chairman of the ANPPT Fund
- Slovenia, Mr. Miran Stanko, Mayor of Krsko
- Spain, Mr. Mariano Vila d’Abadal, AMAC
- Sweden, Mrs. Pia Almström, KSO, Association of Swedish Municipalities with Nuclear Facilities (presentation)
- Sweden, speech by Mrs. Pia Almström
- United Kingdom, Mr. Philip Matthews, Executive Director NuLeAF