GMF holds two annual meetings: one in spring or summer focused on radioactive waste and the annual GMF General Assembly with a seminar usually in October or November.
Previous seminars have addressed topics such as radioactive waste management, nuclear emergencies and preparedness, socio-economic development after the phase out of nuclear, participation and communication related to nuclear activities.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE PREPAREDNESS (ERP) SEMINAR IN BORSELE (The Netherlands)
Our last meeting was held in parallel with the General Assembly in Borsele (the Netherlands) and focused on emergency preparedness and response:
Presentation from Mr. Gerben Dijksterhuis, mayor of Borsele on “the importance of a good ERP”
Presentation from Ms. Edith van der Reijden “ERP in the Scheldedelta“, director Safety Region Zeeland
Presentation from Mr. Marco Brugmans “public communication and ERP“, board member and deputy chair, Authority for Nuclear Safety and Radiation Protection (ANVS)
Presentation from Mr. Ewoud Verhoef “safe and responsible management of radioactive waste“, deputy director COVRA
MEETING IN Krško (SLOVENIA)
Presentations shown during the meeting in Krško (Slovenia) from 16 to 17 May 2022.include:
Introductory presentation from the mayor Krško Miran Stanko
Presentation “brief updates for IAEA work on stakeholder engagement” from IAEA_Shin Horiguchi
Presentation “operational status of Krško nuclear power plant” from Mr. Stane Rozman (NEK)
Presentation “GEN’s vision for decarbonisation and energy independence by 2035” from Mr. Danijel Levičar, GEN energija
Presentation “radioactive waste management in Slovenia” from Mr. Tomaz Žagar, Nuclear Society of Slovenia
Preparation for the working group discussion
CLOSURE AND DECOMMISSIONING OF NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS: SOCIO-ECONOMIC IMPACTS (ON-LINE)
GMF co-organised together with AMAC an online seminar on “closure and decommissioning of nuclear power plants: socio-economic impacts” on 26 February 2021 with the aim to exchange experience regarding the socio-economic impacts involved in the decision of closing and decommissioning a nuclear power plant. Recording and presentations are available at the link https://gmfeurope.org/decomwebinar2021/
The 2020 GMF seminar and General Assembly were held virtually on 6 October 2020. The programme and presentations of the GMF seminar are available below.
- GMF 2020 seminar on nuclear highlights programme
- Decommissioning and radioactive waste: role of the European Commission and status in EU Member States, by Mr. Jean-Philippe Guisset, Head of Sector – Nuclear Decommissioning, European Commission, DG Energy
- Belgium, Mr. Kris van Dijck, Mayor of Dessel
- Finland, Mr. Vesa Lakaniemi, Mayor of Eurajoki
- Hungary, Mr. Csaba Dohoczki, head of communication at PIP regional developmenet company for Paks2 NPP
- Netherlands, Mr. Gerben Dijksterhuis, mayor of Borsele
- Russia, Mr. Nikolai Netyaga, chairman of the ANPPT Fund
- Slovenia, Mr. Miran Stanko, Mayor of Krsko
- Spain, Mr. Mariano Vila d’Abadal, AMAC
- Sweden, Mrs. Pia Almström, KSO, Association of Swedish Municipalities with Nuclear Facilities (presentation)
- Sweden, speech by Mrs. Pia Almström
- United Kingdom, Mr. Philip Matthews, Executive Director NuLeAF
GMF has also collaborated with EC institutions and other organisations to co-organise seminars and events on nuclear matters. In 2019, GMF collaborated with Les Entretiens Européens and FinNuclear to co-organise the conference “New nuclear: a response to the electrical changes in our society in Europe?” held in Helsinki on 12-13 November 2019.