The new GMF steering committee has been working since January 2020 on the following actions:
- Renewal of the GMF website, logo and twitter account;
- A template design for the GMF newsletter;
- Members have been requested to provide feedback on their concerns regarding different phases of the nuclear life cycle (i.e. new build, operation, decommissioning, radioactive waste) and the way GMF can help to address them as well as their contribution to GMF. This feedback will be summarised in the first GMF newsletter;
- Contacts with potential new members and inactive GMF members are followed on a regular basis;
- Organisation of the ENWD event in Slovenia has been cancelled due to the covid-19 outbreak;
- Organisation of the GMF General Assembly and seminar with the European Commission and visit to Borsele on 6 and 7 October 2020 is on-going.
- Establishment of an extended steering committee to further involve members in decision-making. The first meeting took place on 15 May 2020.
Members wishing to be part of the extended steering committee are welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org